Sunday, August 18, 2024

Intro to Python with LearnPython.com

 Intro to Python - Who is this best for?

So far, I love it. I understand it, terminology is perfect. Explanation, very easy. The code editor works just like a web browser console with fast response and it has worked into multiple error handles to easily explain what happened with the debugger. However, I am a programming student, and I recall doing this in my courses and getting frustrated about what I was creating errors on and how to correct it. 

The debugger still reads like a coded document, explaining to you what the error is, where to find it, and sometimes in generalization concepts since it could not find your quirky idea of what the answer was. 
I also noticed that the program doesn't give you exact instructions and ends up having solutions with things that it has not touched on yet. Certain keywords, organization, logical maneuvering for fast results not specified results for answers. You have to go through the process to understand each error you throw. If you're learning how to code, expect to encounter every error possible, and pay attention to how it is corrected! Very important for future languages you will embark on later.

Some of Python I don't like - it feels very open ended when coding, I like the conversion portions (unlike C# where it is strict and dragged out that now seems perhaps a little bit daunting and overtly done), and is exactly as designed to do - read easily for non-academic programmers who want to know the core concepts and basic terminology. 

LearnPython.com

The dashboard is simple, the price is affordable, and you can do it at your own convenience. I don't have to close my window and re sign-in (love)! I enjoy how they organize their lessons and learning from it. I have been busy during the off-season from my course work and doing this before my classes start up is such a big eye-opener on what did not stick but how fast I was able to catch on again. I was worried when I couldn't remember how to nest an if-statement and felt very slow on the logic concepts of results that I remembered its about the speed of the program and what I am programming to close with I/O control. It was embarrassing but comforting. I just kept repeating the program until I could talk my way through and pour the code out without looking at the correct answer. Enjoyable review time. 

Doing this I feel more confident to go into a regular python course for the certification but also just want to list it with this website since I will have goals on obtaining my degree. Is this something that will be accredited for time well spent online and worthy of mentioning on my resume? How did I learn Python - I'm sure there are certificates made from the website...

The one thing I am worried about is the community I want to serve with Python Intro Courses to gain an interest with it. Will they understand? What speed they will be first going will not be zooming through the lessons but at a slower pace - will they retain that knowledge? If these lessons could stagger and create joint lesson reviews to integrate what they are learning with a past request - the variety of it, to be inclusive to memory in repetitive forms so they can build the speed of getting through a program with what is being asked. I think this builds confidence and esteem to categorize the syntax on a priority list of how its structured. 

Images below are a couple of snippets from LearnPython.com in the lessons I covered and found enlightening in my review time:
LearnPython.com snippet

This was interesting because I tried declaring a number first and then throwing it in the if-else statement. Obviously not working. I enjoyed this because the program uses the if expression to go straight at it with what the user provided as being divisible by what creates an even number - else it was odd outside of that parameter. The modulus operator is not division! It returns the remainder of dividing user_number by 2 or half, where this would ultimately occur to be 0 or something else. 


LearnPython.com snippet2
I totally got this wrong first attempt because I forgot to deduct the hours already calculated as base pay and THEN add overtime rate with remaining hours. I don't like the mathematical expression written out in line 5 but it works. I prefer variableNames in these as well to declare and use for the whole program (good habits to have) modifications. 

LearnPython.com snippet3
Alright, so we have all been through this countless times in the grading program example, except this one was a little bit different. The elif statement is inclusive to the if statement. I did this obviously with all if statements and got it wrong since python uses inclusive to a continuous range with elif that is much easier to use. It is like a switch case statement except the else rounds-up all other answers whereas the switch case statement creates that default outro. 

That's all I got for now - if you haven't already subscribed to my blog - click the '_Mischief' signature at the bottom of this blog or input your email with the handle at the top right of this webpage. It will prompt you when I write new posts to check out what I write next! 

_Mischief

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting!

Welcome to Gravacity!

Welcome to Gravacity! I have been anticipating my C#-Part 2 NWTC course in the second term of the Fall Semester and within it, a game I must...